MeshCentral - 2019 Review and New Features
- Dutch translation. Peter van Vlijman is our latest community volunteer to contribute a language translation to MeshCentral. After Czech and Portuguese translations announced last time, Peter contributed the Dutch translation and continues to improve the Dutch version and keep up with updates. Thanks Peter for your hard work!
- Device Group Summary. When clicking on a device group, there is now a new “Summary” tab that shows live graphs of the computers in this group. Just like the rest of the MeshCentral user interface that is fully real-time, the graphics on the summary page will change automatically as devices connect and disconnect.
- Raspberry Pi Icon. One of the fun usages for MeshCentral is to remotely control and manage Raspberry Pi devices. It was only a matter of time before the community requested that the Raspberry Pi get it’s own logo on the MeshCentral web site. The MeshAgent supports remote files, terminal and desktop remoting for the Raspberry Pi, just like other devices.
- Collapsing Groups. As MeshCentral is being used to manage an increasing number of devices, the user interface must adapt to deal with this. In the new version of the user interface, you can now collapse groups of devices, making it easy to go directly to the right device group your looking for. In addition to this, the search & filter box has also been improved.
- Hiding the Footer. The MeshCentral user interacted is not only real-time, it’s also somewhat adaptable. The small diamond on the upper right of the user interface allows the user to switch how the user interface looks, go into night mode and now, hide the footer bar for added screen space.
Enjoy and Happy 2020!